What is the free baggage allowance on Ryanair?
If you are you traveling with Ryanair? Planning a trip is quite a time-consuming task and packing for a holiday trip is also crucial because you don't know how much luggage you can take? How much will it cost you if you pack extra? What is the free baggage allowance on Ryanair? Then don't stress. Below you will get all the information about Ryanair's baggage policy.
What is Ryanair Baggage policy?
Ryanair baggage policies are convenient for the customer. They can take more baggage by paying a small amount of money. Read below to learn about the Baggage policies of Ryanair.
Personal luggage policy-
- You are allowed to board with one personal item, 40 x 20 x 25 cm, free of charge.
- For 'Priority & 2 Cabin Bags' or 'Plus,' customers may bring on-flight more oversized items, but the measurements should not be more than 55 x 40 x 20 cm, and the weight should be 10 kg or below
- For Priority members, the cost will be $10 per person. For Non-Priority customers may check their 10 kg hand luggage into the hold for $12.07 per person, one way.
Infants cabin baggage policy-
- If you are traveling with an infant (23 months or under) seated on your lap, you are allowed to bring a cabin bag weighing 5 kg for the baby.
- Children sitting on their seats aged one year or more will be allowed a 10 kg cabin bag with one personal item.
Hand luggage policy-
- Ryanair allows its passengers to carry toiletries and make-up in their hand luggage.
- Liquid articles must be stored in a container, not more than 100 ml.
- Liquid articles must be stored within one transparent, re-sealable plastic bag.
Airlines don't allow some items that can harm the other passengers on the journey. These are-blunt instruments that could cause injury, e.g., a baseball bat, firearms, sharp objects, Explosives, flammable substances, chemicals, and toxic substances.
Checked /Hold luggage policy-
- Customers may pay to check up to three 20 kg bags. Extra baggage will cost $30-50 per bag, $40 during peak time, or $50 at the airport. Excess baggage will be charged at $14 per kilo if a bag exceeds from pre-booked checked baggage allowance.
- Passengers can also check in a small 10 kg suitcase into the hold for $10 if booking online or $25 at the airport helpdesk. The dimensions should not exceed 55 x 40 x 20 cm.
Sports equipment and musical instruments policy-
Sports equipment, such as snowboards, bikes, skis, golf clubs large musical instruments may be checked into the hold in addition to other checked baggage. The item should not exceed 20 kg or 30 kg for bikes. Prices may vary according to the equipment. For large sports items, you have to pay $66 one way online or through the airport.
What if the cabin bag is overweight or oversized?
If an item from your cabin luggage exceeds the dimensions or weight allowed by Ryanair's baggage allowance, it will be placed in the hold, and a charge of $60 (plus VAT) will be imposed. If you are a Non-Priority customer with an oversized free small bag will be required to pay $ 25 to the airline or to have your bag checked into the hold.
If you are still thinking, what is the free baggage allowance on Ryanair? Then call the airline on their customer service number, or you can connect them through email. They will explain to you in detail and will assist you throughout the process.