How to correct a name on a JetBlue ticket
JetBlue is an airline that provides passengers with the best inflight and airport services on their international and domestic flights. The passengers can ask for the necessary assistance anytime before the scheduled departure of their flight ticket. They can even proceed with the process of flight cancellation or change. And if they have ever committed an error in the name while booking the flight ticket, they can proceed with the correction. They often have the question of how to correct a name on a JetBlue ticket? You also have to learn the rules and regulations prescribed by the airline before proceeding with the name change.
The process to make the name change with JetBlue
The passenger can proceed with the name change online through the airline's official website. They have to ensure there is still time before the scheduled departure of their flight ticket.
- Jump onto the official website of JetBlue and look for the option of 'Manage Booking' on the homepage.
- Enter the booking reference number and the passenger's last name, after which you must click on the arrow to proceed further.
- Once you get onto the flight details page, search and select the name change option.
- Follow the on-screen process to make the name change on your flight ticket.
- Enter the name, after which you must submit the necessary documents supporting your issue.
- Once the process is complete, you'll get redirected to the payment page, where you have to follow the on-screen process to make the payment for the name change.
- Once the process is complete, you'll receive a confirmation on your registered email address.
JetBlue name change policy
- As per JetBlue's name change policy, any passenger can make the changes of a small error. However, the airline needs to allow a complete change in the passenger's first name. The possession of the flight ticket is kept the same.
- The passengers can change their last name in case of marriage and divorce. However, they have to provide the necessary documents supporting their issue.
- In each of the aforementioned situations, travelers must show the required documentation per JetBlue Airlines' name-change policy.
- Passengers are not required to pay fees for making such a change if there are just minor name changes of up to three characters.
- If the traveler makes major modifications, they must pay the fees associated with processing the change. For local and international flights, separate rectification fees and name change processing fees will be required.
- The airlines are aware of their customer's demands and offer this name-change option as a convenience to speed up error correction.
Types of name changes with JetBlue Airlines
- Minor Correction- When the passengers just need to correct the spelling of the name. They can make such changes for free if only up to three characters.
- Major Correction- If the passengers have to make major changes as they have accidentally written their nickname and have to replace it with their official name, in that case, the change in major and they have to make the payment for the same.
Hope you will get an idea about how to correct a name on a JetBlue ticket? And for more details, you can connect with the customer service agent of the airline.
Disclaimer: We are a self-made online travel agency without any third-party association. Our main aim is to offer affordable flight booking services to travelers, and we never claim that we have any direct link with the airlines. All the logos, trademarks, and brand names available on the website only for information purposes belong to their respective owners. If you have any concerns or issues, contact us immediately.