How to book flight ticket for child?
If you are traveling with your child, then follow the general booking procedure as you follow for adults. You can book your child's ticket online as well as offline. Besides, if you wish to book a flight ticket for unaccompanied minors under age 5, they can't travel alone. In that case, they must travel along with someone over the age of over 18 years. In case you don't know how to book flight ticket for child? It's pretty simple. You can follow the procedure be,w if you have no idea in this regard.
Let's follow the procedure below to book a flight ticket for your child
Booking flight tickets online
- Go to the official site of the airlines you wish to travel
- Then locate the booking flight tab on the homepage
- Now you need to fill out the booking details
- Enter departure and arrival destination details
- You need to go to the child section under passengers and provide details
- In the case of unaccompanied minors (5-12), you can also use the flying solo service available; in most the airlines
- If your child is under 5, he must be accompanied by someone age over 18 years
- Now click on the search fight button to see the result of available flight
- Select the flight that matches your need and requirement and proceed
- Now you can follow the instructions and pay the total fee for booking
- Confirm the booking, and so you will get an email from the airline to confit the booking
Call the airline directly to book a flight ticket.
In addition to booking your flight online, if you doubt how to book flight ticket for child? You can also call the airline directly and request the flight you want your child to take. Once you are connected with the airline, you can provide the booking details. Confirm your child's age so they can offer your necessary services. Pay for your flight ticket, and soon, the airline will send you a confirmation email.
What age is a child-free to fly?
If you have a child up to two years, they will fall under the infant category. Infants need to travel in the lap of their guardians. However, in most cases, infants are allowed to travel for free or pay around 10 % of an adult fare. In addition to that, you also get the option to buy Sky cots / Bassinets on request from some airlines, mainly for long-haul flights. If your infant is a year old on the outbound journey and turns two years during the return, you must purchase a ticket for the child, not the infant.Reading the article above, you must be clear about how to book flight ticket for child? Besides, if you face any issues or need additional guidance, you can speak to the airline's representative.