How much does it cost to buy a plane ticket for a dog?
If you are planning a trip with your pet dog, many airlines provide pets in the cabin or in Cargo. Depending on the weight, breed, destination, and size of the pet. There are many options to select for international and domestic travel for your pet dog. If you are wondering how much does it cost to buy a plane ticket for a dog? Then read the article below to learn about airlines' processes and pet policies.
Pet Policies of Airlines-
- You can choose if you want to travel with your pet through excess baggage or manifest cargo option.
- You can take two pets while traveling with an airline.
- You can take your pet dog in the cabin if the weight of the animal (including the transport container) is not more than eight kilograms (17 Pounds)
- Your pet dog will need to be kept in an appropriate travel carrier. It should measure not more than 55 x 40 x 23 cm. You can use your own carrier if it is measured right and is watertight and bite-proof.
- Your dog must remain inside the carrier throughout the journey.
- You need to give 24 hours prior advance notice of your departure that you are traveling with the cabin pet dog.
- If your dog is not allowed in the cabin due to its size or weight, it will need to travel from the Cargo in a travel crate.
- Travel crate for the pet as Cargo or excess baggage must meet (International Air Transport Association) standards for both manifest and excess Cargo.
- You need to submit your pet's health status certificate from the vet.
- Some dog breeds are not allowed in excess baggage and must fly as manifest Cargo. These are mentioned below-
- Caucasian Ovcharka (Caucasian shepherd dog)
- American pit bull terrier
- American Staffordshire terrier
- Staffordshire bull terrier
- Bull terrier
- American Bulldog
- Dogo Argentino
How to book a flight ticket for a dog?
Some Airlines allow you to book a ticket for your pet through the online process while making a reservation on their official website. Follow the given steps-
- Visit the official airline website, and you will see a reservation form.
- Click on the advanced search option and fill out the flight reservation form with your details- day, time, destination, type of trip, and type of class and pets in the cabin option.
- Select the number of pets you are traveling with.
- You have to upload documents related to your pet's health.
- Click proceed and select the flight.
- Pay the ticket fare, including your pet ticket fare.
- You will receive a confirmation mail.
Through phone calls-
You can also book a ticket for a pet through a phone call. You can dial the airline customer service number and tell the executive your traveling details and pet details. He will complete the process on your behalf.
Cost of pet flight ticket-
If you are wondering how much does it cost to buy a plane ticket for a dog? Then don't stress if your pet is traveling in a cabin. It will cost you around $100-$120. If it travels from Cargo, it will cost $200. The fare will depend on the airlines to airlines.
You can also book a flight ticket for your pet through the airport reservation office. You will have to pay for the ticket after making the reservation at the airport. For more information, you can connect with the airline through the customer service number mentioned on their website. Visit their website to know more.
Read Also: - What age can a child fly alone with Aer Lingus?