Avianca Airlines umnr policy
For youngsters who are traveling alone between the age of 5 years to 17 years, Avianca Airlines offers a service known as unaccompanied minors. This service is mandatory for your child who is traveling alone between the age of 5 to 11 and options for children between the age of 12 years to 17. This service is applicable for domestic and international flights and has a certain Avianca Airlines umnr policy, which you need to know before booking service for your child.
- Before the flight services, Avianca Airlines helps your child with all the documentation and check-in process, accompanies your child to the boarding lounge, and then your child is escorted to his/her seat on the flight.
- Your child is kept an eye on the entire time during the flight and assisted with anything he/she needs.
- At the destination airport, your child is guided to the conveyor belt, helped remove the baggage, and then handed over safely to the guardian authorized by you.
What are the rules and restrictions for minors traveling alone on Avianca Airlines?
There are certain rules and restrictions that need to be adhered to if parents are sending their minors alone on Avianca Airlines.
- Children under the age of 5 must be accompanied by parents or legal adult guardians.
- The child must be carrying all the documents with him/her required for the flight.
- If your child is carrying any electronic device or valuable asset, he/she will be responsible for that.
- For the check-in process, the child must reach the airport 3 hours before the flight’s departure.
- Parents need to make sure that the guardian who is receiving their child must carry ID proof and other documents required.
- Your child will not be allowed to travel if he/she is carrying more checked bags than allowed.
How much does Avianca charge for unaccompanied minors?
At Avianca Airlines, your child can travel safely without you worrying for them. After booking the flight, you may purchase unaccompanied minor services for your child either on the same day of the departure of the flight or in advance. Although, it is recommended that you book the service in advance because it may be subject to availability. The fee for unaccompanied minors at Avianca Airline would remain the same for all classes of service and fare types. The price listing for the service, excluding the airport charges, is mentioned below.
- For domestic flights in Colombia - 25 USD
- For domestic flights in Ecuador - 40 USD
- For any destination in America - 120 USD
- For any destination to Europa - 140 USD ‘
- For any destination from Europa - 120 USD
Where can you purchase unaccompanied minor services on Avianca?
While traveling, lots of parents who are unable to accompany their children book unaccompanied minor services at Avianca. If you are one of those who want their children to travel independently without worrying, you must be thinking about how to add unaccompanied minor in Avianca? Well, there are three straightforward ways to do so.
- Sales Office - If you are planning to book the service for your child, you can easily do so by visiting your nearest Avianca sales office. By visiting the sales office, you may also get some discounts or offers if available.
- Contact Center - At Avianca Airlines, you can avail of customer service and call the airline to book your unaccompanied minor service. You can choose the location on the official website and find out the number to call.
- Travel Agencies - Parents can also book unaccompanied minor services for their children by contacting any travel agency before the flight. You can easily cancel the service at an additional cost anytime before the flight’s departure.
Disclaimer: We are a self-made online travel agency without any third-party association. Our main aim is to offer affordable flight booking services to travelers, and we never claim that we have any direct link with the airlines. All the logos, trademarks, and brand names available on the website only for information purposes belong to their respective owners. If you have any concerns or issues, contact us immediately.